Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love

I have to brag for a minute and tell you how lucky I am to be loved. I talk about my darling little boys all the time, but I rarely mention my handsome big boy! He is just about the best thing for me, and I am so lucky have him in my life. If you are jealous already, you may want to stop here, if not, I have a story to share about how sweet he really is.
A couple of weekends ago I went on a girl’s trip to Las Vegas. He never once said “I couldn’t go” and did everything in his power to make sure I had a good time! I knew my kids were in good hands, and I love the fact that I never even have to question if they are going to be taken care of. I got back on a Tuesday and Wednesday morning I woke up and couldn’t move. My back went out, and again without hesitation he stayed home again to take care of the boys, house, and me this time. I felt SO bad that I had just taken a weekend “off” and here I was again down for the count. I just lay in bed all day, and sat on the couch while he waited on me hand and foot. He did laundry, and even cooked for us. Later that night he took both boys to basketball practice while I sat holding the couch down. The next day he had to go to work, but called me all day long to check in on me. On his way home he grabbed us some dinner, cleaned it all up, scrubbed kids, put them to bed, and then did all sorts of chores for me. For the rest of the week and into the weekend all he did was take care of everything. Bent over and put things away, or grabbed things for me, gave kids baths, washed dishes, changed all diapers, carried things up and down stairs for me and much much more.
I never once got a complaint, only willingness to help me out any way he could. This was only a week of things he did for me (it was a pretty crazy week) but he does things for me ALL the time to let me know he cares. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to let everybody and anybody know that on this sappy day of love that I am very much in love, and am very lucky to be loved!
yup, that's my darling hubby! :)

4 comments:

Rhoda said...

You both do things like that for each other, it's neat to see! Your BACK went out? Are you okay, is it feeling better?

NatBug said...

Wow, he is alot taller than you! LOL! What a sweet hubby! What is wrong with your back? I sure hope you are doing ok! Love ya, Nat

Ashley Rae said...

That is so sweet... you guys are lucky to have each other. :)
Glad you had a fun girl's weekend! Sorry about the back, though...

Kristin said...

Well you are a lucky girl. :) Hopefully he realizes he is a lucky guy, as well!