Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Following trend…

Being thanksgiving an all, it seems as though everybody everywhere is saying what they are grateful for. I’m not typically a follower, but I have been doing some thinking of my own, and I too have a lot to be grateful for. So if you are interested, here is a small list of things that come to mind.

-My husband! I really picked a good one, because I think he is the best. He is very giving, and is always willing to do whatever it is I ask him to do. One up on being a good husband, is he is the BEST dad ever!!! My kids are REALLY lucky to have him!!! I couldn’t imagine my life without him, and I am truly thankful for him just being him!

-My kids. I know they drive me up one side of the wall and down the other, but they are my whole world. They bring so many smiles to my face, and I love the fact that they love each other.

-I’m thankful for my “job”. The pay sucks, and I never get a bonus, but the benefits far outweigh any salary out there. I truly feel blessed that I have the choice to be with my kids every day. I love that I get to be at school functions. I love that I get to be the first to hear about Dillon’s day at school. I love that I get to spend a good eight hours alone with Carson and watching him be his own cute self. I love to watch the boys play together….. that just melts my heart. I (minus the cleaning) love my job.

-My mom. She is such an important part of my life, and a fantastic grandma too! I love the fact that she is only a phone call away, and I can always count on her for whatever it is I need. I love you mom!

-Family and friends. Since we have been here, I have really missed my friends and family. You know the saying “you never know what you have, until it’s gone”? Well I’m kinda like that. It’s not that I didn’t appreciate them when I lived in SLC, but I sure have noticed that I don’t have them anymore. It makes those relationships even more valuable to me now.

-Coupons & sales. This may be silly to some, but I am thankful for how much money I save with these two wonderful gifts.

-My car. It may be a gas guzzling beast, but it is pretty nice, it holds all my crap and then some, and it gets me where I need to go.

-Our house. I hate the thought of anybody being homeless. We are very lucky to live in a house, with lots of room to run around and play.

-Air conditioning & heaters. I can be a bit unpleasant to be around when I’m hot (I know it’s hard to imagine) and I really am thankful for the cool air to cool me down. The heater…. Well I guess it comes in pretty handy too, but I haven’t had much need for it here, so it’s sort of not on my mind as much.

That’s all for now I think. I know that’s not all I’m grateful for, but those are the things that have been on my mind lately. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

3 comments:

Rhoda said...

Great list! I can actually hear your voice when I read it! Miss you guys!

Ashley Rae said...

Nice! I love the list :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

NatBug said...

That is a perfect list! We all have so much to be grateful for!